TMB has been the main operator of the Barcelona bus network for more than 100 years, constantly evolving to remain at the forefront of the sector.
The following improvements are planned for the near future:
- Extension of the on-demand bus on 20 local lines serving 50 neighbourhoods
- Improved bus network efficiency: achieving a 10% increase in commercial speed on the main lines and routes affecting 85% of customers, by implementing improvements such as traffic light priority, creating more bus lanes, upgraded roads, and so on
- Last-mile bus pilot project with an autonomous vehicle in the Zona Franca industrial area
- Incorporation of 508 new clean technology buses, 233 of which will be electric and 46 hydrogen buses
- Commitment to green hydrogen, driving the construction and commissioning of a hydrogen plant open to public use in the Zona Franca area
- New green depot in Zona Franca, for 550 vehicles, digitalising management and operations, energy efficiency and the use of renewable energies