Line 2 of the Lima Metro is the first automatic line in the Andean country, with a route of more than 27 kilometres underground and 27 stations.
In 2021, TMB completed the following Operating plans:
- Operational Contingency Plan: this describes how to deal with the most common service contingencies (failure of the electrical supply, lack of communication, evacuations, etc.)
- Special Contingency Plan: this addresses situations such as seismic risk, tsunami and fire.
- Strategic Operating Plan: sets out the strategy for automatic line operations in the medium term.
- Annual Operating Plan: this describes the annual plan of operation with the objectives for each year.
- Service Provision Plan: includes timetables, intervals, work shifts, etc.
- Operating Regulations: this defines the regulations for operating the line
- Cleaning Plan: designed for an automatic line and its special features